Official (ISC)² Certification Training for the HCISPP
The Official (ISC)² HCISPP Training course helps students confidently prepare for the HCISPP exam by providing an in-depth review of the knowledge to implement, manage or assess security and privacy controls for healthcare and patient information. The content aligns with and comprehensively covers the seven domains of the HCISPP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK).
Schedule + Register
About this Course
Throughout Official (ISC)² Training, students learn directly from (ISC)² Authorized Instructors – certified HCISPPs and subject matter experts who deliver the most relevant, up-to-date course content developed by (ISC)². Activities draw from real-world scenarios and industry topics to reinforce the material and increase knowledge retention. Students explore timely cases and get hands-on with key healthcare security and privacy concepts through interactive discussions as well as independent, group, and jigsaw activities.Register now
The Official (ISC)² HCISPP Training course helps students confidently prepare for the HCISPP exam by providing an in-depth review of the knowledge to implement, manage or assess security and privacy controls for healthcare and patient information. The content aligns with and comprehensively covers the seven domains of the HCISPP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK):
- Domain 1 | Healthcare Industry
- Domain 2 | Information Governance in Healthcare
- Domain 3 | Information Technologies in Healthcare
- Domain 4 | Regulatory and Standards Environment
- Domain 5 | Privacy and Security in Healthcare
- Domain 6 | Risk Management and Risk Assessment
- Domain 7 | Third-Party Risk Management
4 Days of Official (ISC)² HCISSP Training, Led by an Authorized (ISC)² Instructor
- Official (ISC)² Student Training Guide (electronic format):
- Knowledge Checks and End of Chapter Quizzes
- Applied Scenarios
- Glossary of Terms
- Post Course Assessment Questions
- Online Interactive Flash Cards
- HCISPP Online Study Group
- 180 Days Access to Class Recordings
- Education Guarantee (see below for details)
The Intrinsec Added Advantage
- Pearson VUE Exam Support
- (ISC)² Preferred Partner CPE Submission Program
- Post Class Instructor Email Support
Pearson VUE HCISPP Certification Exam Voucher can be added at registration checkout. Exam voucher cost is $599 for 1 attempt and is valid for one year from purchase.
Please be Advised: Only Official (ISC)² Training Partners can legally provide exam vouchers. Exam vouchers can only be purchased with training.
**Education Guarantee Intrinsec wants its candidates to successfully pass their certification exam and achieve their goal of earning an (ISC)² credential. Included in your Training Seminar is the (ISC)² Education Guarantee. If you do not pass the exam after completing our Training Seminar, you can take a second course at no cost to you (within one year of taking the initial seminar). The Education Guarantee covers the cost of the second seminar only. You will have to pay the full price for your second attempt at the exam.
At the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand and apply fundamental risk management practices.
- Identify and differentiate between risk management frameworks and standards.
- Describe the healthcare legal and regulatory environment.
- Apply privacy and security practices to the healthcare industry.
- Explain the use of third parties in the healthcare industry.
- Describe appropriate responses to data breaches involving health information.
- Understand the relationship between security and privacy in healthcare.
- Identify and evaluate the security and privacy implications in the movement of information.
- Identify key healthcare business processes that affect the security and privacy of information.
- Describe and differentiate between various privacy and security governance practices.
- Analyze and apply professional ethical standards to the healthcare environment.
- Describe the information lifecycle and explain its impact on privacy and security.
- Identify appropriate practices for the secure handling of sensitive information.
Intrinsec’s Concierge Service focuses on you, providing a personalized human experience with one of our concierge representatives to ensure that you have a perfect experience from day one and beyond.
Not only will your representative reach out to you when you sign up, providing you with all the information you need, but they will also be on stand-by for any and all questions you may have.
After you have completed your class your concierge representative can provide you with relevant recommendations for upcoming events, discounts on training, and suggestions to help further your career.
The intended audience for the HCISPP training program is professionals with practical healthcare experience, as well as a foundation in information security, privacy, or risk. Typically speaking, HCISPP is ideal for those working in roles such as, but not limited to:
- Compliance Officer
- Information Security Manager
- Privacy Officer
- Compliance Auditor
- Risk Analyst
- Medical Records Supervisor
- Information Technology Manager
- Privacy and Security Consultant
- Health Information Manager
- Practice Manager
What do I need to get my HCISPP certification?
To qualify for your HCISPP certification you will need a minimum of two years of cumulative paid work experience in one or more of the seven domains covered in the HCISPP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK).
What if I don’t yet have that experience?
Not to worry! If you don’t yet have that work experience, as you may become an Associate of (ISC)2 by passing the HCISPP exam. From there, you can work towards accumulating work experience to get your full fledged HCISPP certification!
What counts towards paid work experience?
Paid work experience can come from full-time, part-time or even internships (internships can be paid or unpaid). Each of these categories are defined as:
- Full-Time Experience: A minimum of 35 hours/week, this experience is accursed monthly, meaning 4 weeks of 35 hours or more equals one month of experience.
- Part-Time Experience: Between 20 and 34 hours/week, with the hours logged converting to full-time experience as such:
- 1040 hours of part-time = 6 months of full-time experience
- 2080 hours of part-time = 12 months of full-time experience
- Internships: Internship experience can be paid or unpaid to qualify. Documentation on company/organization letterhead confirming your position is required.
Is there anything else I need to get my HCISPP certification?
The last step to getting HCISPP certified is to get endorsed by others, this simply ensures that your claimed professional experience is true and that you are in good standing in the cybersecurity industry.
Have more questions? Read our Frequently Asked Questions page or simply send your questions to us directly via our Contact Us page or our Live Chat and we will be more than happy to assist with any and all questions!