Official ISC2 Certification Training for the CGRC
The Official ISC2 CGRC Training Week is designed to help professionals understand and manage the complex issues related to cybersecurity governance, risk management, and compliance.
About this Course
Throughout the Official ISC2 Training, students learn directly from ISC2 Authorized Instructors – certified CGRC’s and subject matter experts who deliver the most relevant, up-to-date course content developed by ISC2. Activities draw from real-world scenarios and industry topics to reinforce the material and increase knowledge retention. Students explore timely cases and get hands-on with key healthcare security and privacy concepts through interactive discussions as well as independent, group, and jigsaw activities. Topics include the development and implementation of cybersecurity policies and procedures, risk assessment and management, regulatory compliance, and incident response planning.Register now
The Official ISC2 CGRC Training course is structured around the steps of the NIST Risk Management Framework version 2.0, as covered in NIST Special Publication 800-37 Revision 2. The previous version, Revision 1, will be covered throughout the course as it corresponds to the current revision. This course will help students review and refresh their information security knowledge as they pursue the CGRC certification.
- Domain 1 | Information Security Risk Management Program
- Domain 2 | Scope of the Information System
- Domain 3 | Selection and Approval of Security and Privacy Controls
- Domain 4 | Implementation of Security and Privacy Controls
- Domain 5 | Assessment/Audit of Security and Privacy Controls
- Domain 6 | Authorization/Approval of Information System
- Domain 7 | Continuous Monitoring
5 Days of Official ISC2 CGRC Training, Led by an Authorized ISC2 Instructor
Official ISC2 Student Training Guide (365 days/printable/electronic format):
- Virtual collaboration with classmates
- Access to official course content – 180 days access.
- End-of-chapter quizzes with answer feedback – 70 Questions
- Glossary of terms
- Post-course Assessment with answer feedback – 142 questions
- Recordings of live virtual sessions- 180 days of access
- Online interactive Flash Cards
- CGRC Online Study Group
- 24x7x365 chat technical support
- Official ISC2 Certificate of Completion
- Course Completion Badge
- Education Guarantee*
The Intrinsec Added Advantage
- Pearson VUE Exam Support
- ISC2 Preferred Partner CPE Submission Program
- Post Class Instructor Email Support
Pearson VUE CGRC Certification Exam Voucher can be added at registration checkout. Exam voucher cost is $599 for 1 attempt and is valid for one year from purchase.
Please be Advised: Only Official ISC2 Training Partners can legally provide exam vouchers. Exam vouchers can only be purchased with training.
**Education Guarantee Intrinsec wants its candidates to successfully pass their certification exam and achieve their goal of earning an ISC2 credential. Included in your Training Seminar is the ISC2 Education Guarantee. If you do not pass the exam after completing our Training Seminar, you can take a second course at no cost to you (within one year of taking the initial seminar). The Education Guarantee covers the cost of the second seminar only. You will have to pay the full price for your second attempt at the exam.
At the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify and describe the steps and tasks within the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Apply common elements of other risk management frameworks using the RMF as a guide.
- Describe the roles associated with the RMF and how they are assigned to tasks within the RMF.
- Execute tasks within the RMF process based on assignment to one or more RMF roles.
- Explain organizational risk management and how it is supported by the RMF.
Intrinsec’s Concierge Service focuses on you, providing a personalized human experience with one of our concierge representatives to ensure that you have a perfect experience from day one and beyond.
Not only will your representative reach out to you when you sign up, providing you with all the information you need, but they will also be on standby for any and all questions you may have.
After you have completed your class your concierge representative can provide you with relevant recommendations for upcoming events, discounts on training, and suggestions to help further your career.
The CGRC is ideal for IT, information security and information assurance practitioners and contractors who use the RMF in federal government, military, civilian roles, local governments, and private sector organizations. Roles include:
- ISSOs, ISSMs, and other infosec/information assurance practitioners who are focused on security assessment and authorization (traditional C&A) and continuous monitoring issues.
- Executives who must “sign off” on Authority to Operate (ATO).
- Inspector generals (IGs) and auditors who perform independent reviews.
- Program managers who develop or maintain IT systems.
- IT professionals interested in improving cybersecurity and learning more about the importance of lifecycle cybersecurity risk management.
What do I need to get my CGRC certification?
To qualify for your CGRC certification you will need a minimum of two years of cumulative paid work experience in one or more of the seven domains within the CGRC Common Body of Knowledge (CBK).
What if I don’t yet have that experience?
Not to worry! If you don’t yet have that work experience, you may become an Associate of ISC2 by passing the CGRC exam. From there, you will have three years to accumulate your two years of work experience to get your full-fledged CGRC certification!
What counts towards paid work experience?
Paid work experience can come from full-time, part-time, or even internships (internships can be paid or unpaid). Each of these categories is defined as:
- Full-Time Experience: A minimum of 35 hours/week, this experience is accursed monthly, meaning 4 weeks of 35 hours or more equals one month of experience.
- Part-Time Experience: Between 20 and 34 hours/week, with the hours logged converting to full-time experience as such:
- 1040 hours of part-time = 6 months of full-time experience
- 2080 hours of part-time = 12 months of full-time experience
- Internships: Internship experience can be paid or unpaid to qualify. Documentation on company/organization letterhead confirming your position is required.
Once course materials have been accessed, refunds for any ISC2 courses will not be provided. Rescheduling can be accommodated on a case-by-case basis.
Access to course recordings and content for 180 days. Access to Student Guide 365 days.
The following system requirements are needed to enhance your overall learning experience.
A stable and continuous internet connection is required. In order to record your completion of the online learning courses, please ensure you are connected to the internet at all times while taking the course.
If you do not pass your certification exam on your first attempt after taking our training seminar, you can take this training seminar again at no cost to you (within one year from the end of the course). The Education Guarantee covers the cost of the second course only. You will have to pay the full price for your second attempt at the exam.
Have more questions? Read our Frequently Asked Questions page or simply send your questions to us directly via our Contact Us page or our Live Chat and we will be more than happy to assist with any and all questions!