Dr. Lyron Andrews
Certifications: CCSP, CISSP, SSCP, CRISC, CISM, CCSK
Dr. Lyron Andrews’ technology career spans three decades as an engineer, cybersecurity expert, executive, author, researcher, and social justice entrepreneur.
His experience includes:
- Google K-12 Think Tank advisor, facilitating design thinking sessions at Google across the USA.
- Managing leadership training and organizational transformation.
- Co-authored two (ISC)2 certification publications: CISSP and CCSP.
- Authored “Business established Service Taxonomy (BeST) Framework: Human-Centered Alignment of Services, Products, and Actions to the Mission“
- Works with Suffolk County Deputy Commissioner Mention-Lewis and court judge Camacho in reducing prisoner recidivism.
- Facilitates transformational storytelling and design thinking sessions addressing social-cultural barriers and workplace integration issues.
- Certifications include: CSSP, CISSP, SSCP, CRISC, CISM, and CCSK.
Lyron has traveled to twenty-eight countries around the world and teaching information security and qualifying others to teach the same.
He trains professionals in the CSSP, CCSP, and CISSP courses. For the past three decades, Lyron has managed technology systems and people while employed as the New York City Department of Education network manager, BMG Direct Director of Technology, and dean for the School of Technology at BNY Mellon. He holds a B.S. in computer science from SUNY, an M.S. in executive technology management from Columbia University, and a Doctor of Education from Teachers College Columbia.