(ISC)2 CISSP-ISSEP (Engineering)
CISSP-ISSEP Training Information
The CISSP-ISSEP concentration was developed in conjunction with the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) providing an invaluable tool for any systems security engineering professional. As a result, CISSP-ISSEP is recognized as a great credential for those who specialize in the practical application of systems engineering principles and processes to develop a secure system.
Whether a professional is interested in writing the CISSP-ISSEP certification exam or learning about systems security engineering, this course provides a review of information security concepts and practices while helping students identify areas they need to study before writing the exam.
Your Registration Includes
- Five (5) Days of Official (ISC)? Training from an Authorized CISSP-ISSEP Instructor
- Official (ISC)? CISSP-ISSEP Courseware
- Official (ISC)? CISSP-ISSEP Student Guide
- Practical Experience with Realistic Scenario-Based Learning Activities
- 60 Days of OnDemand Access to the Recordings of your CISSP-ISSEP Session (Video & Audio)
- For Live OnLine Training Only
*CISSP-ISSEP Exam Voucher Available for Additional Cost ($399 USD)*
What You Will Learn
Domain 1: Systems Security Engineering
The Systems Security Engineering (SSE) is the first domain in this official CISSP-ISSEP training seminar. Domain 1 is primarily based upon the Information Systems Security Engineering (ISSE) process as described in Chapter 3 of the Information Assurance Technical Framework (IATF). Notably, this can be described as a subprocess of widely accepted Systems Engineering (SE) methodologies. Successful ISSEP students are expected to be able to tailor the applicable engineering processes to achieve the Information Assurance (IA) needs of a system.
CISSP-ISSEP Domain 1 Lessons
- Understand the Relationship Between Security Engineering and Systems Engineering
- Discover Information Protection Needs
- Define System Security Requirements
- Design System Security Architecture
- Develop Detailed Security Design
- Implement System Security
Domain 2: Certification and Accreditation / Risk Management Framework
Domain 2 of this course focuses on U.S. government Certification & Accreditation (C&A) and Risk Management Framework (RMF) related processes.
CISSP-ISSEP Domain 2 Lessons
- Roles and Responsibilities of Stakeholders Identified within the C&A/RMF Process
- Integrate the C&A/RMF process with Systems Security Engineering
- U.S. Government C&A/RMF Process to be Applied (ex. National Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process [NIACAP]. DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process [DIACAP], National Institute of Standards and Technology Special Publication [NIST SP] 800-37 rev 1)
Domain 3: Technical Management
The third domain covered in this course is Technical Management. It focuses on the support of a system and planning the Systems Security Engineering (SSE) tasks to meet program milestones and effectively use resources.
CISSP-ISSEP Domain 3 Lessons
- Acquisition Process
- Technical Effort (Initiate, Implement, Manage and Close)
Domain 4: U.S. Government Information Assurance Related Policies and Issuances
This domain focuses on the governance documents for Information Assurance (IA) published by various entities of the U.S. government. They include high-level policies and do not delve into departments or agencies. For instance, Department of Defense (DoD) policies are included, but not component agencies such as the Army, Navy, Marines, and Air Force. Executing the SSE process requires knowledge of IA policies, which in turn shape system requirements.
CISSP-ISSEP Domain 4 Lessons
- National Laws and Policies
- Civil Agency Policies and Guidelines
- DoD Policies and Guidelines
- Applicable International Standards
The CISSP-ISSEP training course is a great fit for professionals who currently hold a CISSP certification, with some example job titles including but not limited to:
- Senior Systems Engineer
- Information Assurance Systems Engineer
- Information Assurance Officer
- Information Assurance Analyst
- Senior Security Analyst
No public dates are currently scheduled. Request Group Training!