Cloud Security Boot Camp
Cloud Security Boot Camp Information
The Cloud Security Boot Camp (SEC-306) is an exclusive learning program that combines two of Intrinsec’s most popular cloud security classes to provide students with a 5-day cloud security training experience that’s truly second-to-none.
The first class in the Cloud Security Boot Camp is CCSK PLUS. Over a period of 3-days (e.g. Monday to Wednesday) you will cover the official CCSK courseware and participate in labs to reinforce your understanding of key course concepts and practices. You will learn about cloud computing and the security aspects to address prior to deployment of any system in a public or private cloud. Cloud Audit and Compliance is the second class reviewed in our Cloud Security Boot Camp. In the final 2-days of your training (e.g. Thursday to Friday) you will review how to properly assess cloud service providers. Additionally, you will also learn to analyze your own organization’s internal usage of cloud-based services.
In short, our Cloud Security Boot Camp will instruct you on the various security issues an organization needs to acknowledge when using cloud services, along with the solutions and best practices you can implement for appropriate protection.
Your Registration Includes
- Official CCSK Foundation Student Handbook
- Official CCSK PLUS Risk Assessment Handbook
- 1 CCSK Exam Voucher + 1 Re-attempt
- 5 Days of Premium Cloud Security Training
- 3 Days of Authorized CCSK PLUS Training
- 2 Days of Authorized Cloud Audit and Compliance Training
- On-Demand Resources for Cloud Audit and Compliance *LIFE*
- Intrinsec’s Student Training Pack for Cloud Audit and Compliance *LIFE*
- Cloud Audit and Compliance Video Library (+5 hours of review) *LIFE*
- On-Demand Resources for CCSK *LIFE*
- Intrinsec CCSK Student Training Pack *LIFE*
- CCSK Audiobooks *LIFE*
- CCSK Video Library (+6.5 hours of exam review) *LIFE*
- CCSK Practice Exams *LIFE*
*LIFE* = You gain instant online access to this resource for LIFE after registering for any of our publicly scheduled Cloud Security Boot Camps (click here to view upcoming dates).
What You Will Learn
Over a period of 5 days you will comprehensively review the course material that’s covered in two of our most popular cloud security training programs; CCSK PLUS and Cloud Audit and Compliance. More information on both classes can be found below.
CCSK Plus: Days 1, 2 & 3 of Training
CCSK PLUS will successfully prepare you for the Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK) exam offered by Cloud Security Alliance. In addition to helping you prepare for the exam, CCSK PLUS will review cloud computing, along with the appropriate security controls needed for responsible implementation. In short, CCSK PLUS will review how to properly design, build, and maintain a secure cloud computing environment in a business setting.
- Module 1: Course Introduction and Cloud Architectures
- Module 2: Infrastructure Security for Cloud Computing
- Module 3: Managing Cloud Computing Security & Risk
- Module 4: Data Security for Cloud Computing
- Module 5: Securing Cloud Applications and Users
- Module 6: Cloud Security Operations
Interested in learning more about Intrinsec’s CCSK PLUS program? Check-out our course page (CLICK HERE)!
Cloud Audit and Compliance: Days 4 & 5 of Training
In Cloud Audit and Compliance you will review how to effectively and appropriately assess cloud computing services and providers. Not only that, but you will also learn to identify how an enterprise and its people can assess their own readiness to adopt cloud computing, along with the ability to monitor the internal usage of cloud services once implemented. Specific details on the outline for this program can be found below:
- Domain 1: Cloud Baseline
- Domain 2: Governance, Risk Management and Compliance
- Domain 3: Compliance Certifications, Standards and Frameworks
- Domain 4: FedRAMP
- Domain 5: Assessing Cloud Service Providers with CSA Tools
- Domain 6: Assessing Internal Consumption of Cloud Services
- Domain 7: Governance and Security for SaaS Adoption
- Domain 8: Security Controls and Tools for IaaS
Interested in learning more about Intrinsec’s Cloud Audit and Compliance program? Check-out our course page (CLICK HERE)!
Intrinsec’s Cloud Security Boot Camp is intended for an audience that’s interested in reviewing the security implications of moving to the cloud, plus the best practices and strategies you can implement to address these implications. Some example job functions might include, but are not limited to:
- IS/IT Managers, Directors and Executives
- Systems Architects
- Security Professionals
- Risk Management Professionals
- Regulatory Compliance Professionals
- IS/IT Consultants
- Business Analysts
- Business Unit Stakeholders
- Professionals interested in obtaining the CCSK credential
- Professionals interested in cloud computing and security
The instructor that will be working with you in this course is Graham Thompson, Intrinsec’s principal cloud security trainer. Graham has over 20 years of IT experience and has successfully competed a variety of cloud security projects for the following organizations:
- A Global Financial Institution with over $4T in assets under management
- A Global Retailer listed on Nasdaq with over 7000 stores
- Telecommunication company traded on NYSE
- Global Consultancy Firm
- Leading K-12 education company
- Global Conglomerate traded on NYSE
- AgTech (note from Graham: way cooler than you’d think!)
- Financial Institution traded on NYSE
- Telecommunication company traded on Nasdaq
In addition to the above, Graham has delivered cloud security training to employees representing over 100 leading firms with fantastic feedback and many internal recommendations from clients.
Prior to migrating his career to the cloud, Graham served as a senior security architect for several Federal Government departments and other enterprise-sized clients.
Graham holds his CISSP, CCSK, CCSP (co-authored) and an embarrassingly long list of designation letters that may or not be retired by now.
TL;DR: When it comes to cloud security Graham knows his stuff.
|May 21 - 25, 2018||9:00am - 5:00pm ET||Live Online||USD $3,095.00|
|Oct 15 - 19, 2018||9:00am - 5:00pm ET||Live Online||USD $3,095.00|
|Aug 20 - 24, 2018||9:00am - 5:00pm ET||Live Online||USD $3,095.00|
|Jun 18 - 22, 2018||9:00am - 5:00pm ET||Ottawa, ON||USD $3,095.00|
|Jun 18 - 22, 2018||9:00am - 5:00pm ET||Live Online||USD $3,095.00|
|Dec 10 - 14, 2018||9:00am - 5:00pm ET||Live Online||USD $3,095.00|