Cloud Security BootCamp for Canadian Government
Cloud Security BootCamp for Canadian Government Information
Intrinsec’s Cloud Security BootCamp for Canadian Government training combines the CCSK PLUS class with Intrinsec’s Cloud Security Fundamentals for Canadian Government training providing a Canadian Government training experience that is second-to-none.
The first class in the Cloud Security BootCamp for Canadian Government is CCSK PLUS. Over a period of 3-days, you will cover the official CCSK courseware and participate in labs to reinforce your understanding of key course concepts and practices. You will learn about cloud computing and the security aspects to address prior to deployment of any system in a public or private cloud. The final 2-days focus on the Cloud Security Fundamentals for Canadian Government class. This class addresses Canadian Government cloud security and risk management documentation and cloud adoption requirements.
In short, our Cloud Security BootCamp for Canadian Government program will instruct you on the various security issues Canadian Governments need to acknowledge when using cloud services, along with the solutions and best practices you can implement for appropriate protection.
Your Registration Includes
Your Cloud Security BootCamp for Canadian Government training includes the following:
- 5 Days of Premium Cloud Security Training
- 3 Days of Authorized CCSK PLUS Training
- 2 Days of Authorized Cloud Security Fundamentals for Canadian Government Traning
- Official CCSK Foundation Student Handbook
- Official CCSK PLUS Risk Assessment Handbook
- Cloud Security Fundamentals for Canadian Government Student Handbook
- 1 CCSK Exam Voucher + 1 Re-Attempt Voucher
- On-Demand Resources for CCSK
- 6+ Hours of CCSK Foundation Class Videos
- 4+ Hours of CCSK Exam Prep Videos
- CCSK Practice Exam Generator
- Student Traning Pack (Additional Study Resources)
What You Will Learn
Over a period of 5 days, you will comprehensively review the course material that is covered in our CCSK PLUS and Cloud Security Fundamentals for Canadian Government training programs. More information on both classes can be found below.
CCSK Plus: Days 1, 2 & 3 of Training
CCSK PLUS will successfully prepare you for the Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK) exam offered by Cloud Security Alliance. In addition to helping you prepare for the exam, CCSK PLUS will review cloud computing, along with the appropriate security controls needed for responsible implementation. In short, CCSK PLUS will review how to properly design, build, and maintain a secure cloud computing environment in a business setting.
- Module 1: Course Introduction and Cloud Architectures
- Module 2: Infrastructure Security for Cloud Computing
- Module 3: Managing Cloud Computing Security & Risk
- Module 4: Data Security for Cloud Computing
- Module 5: Securing Cloud Applications and Users
- Module 6: Cloud Security Operations
Interested in learning more about Intrinsec’s CCSK PLUS program? Check-out our course page (CLICK HERE)!
Cloud Security Fundamentals for Canadian Government: Days 4 & 5 of Training
In Cloud Security Fundamentals for Canadian Government, you will review and address the unique challenges faced by Canadian Government departments that will help you understand the new challenged to data protection your department now faces.
- Module 1: Cloud Level-Set
- Module 2: Assessing Cloud Service Providers
- Module 3: Canadian Government Cloud Security and Risk Management
- Module 4: Continuous Monitoring and Maintaining Authorizations
- Module 5: Assessing Usage of Cloud Services
- Module 6: New Technologies
Interested in learning more about Intrinsec’s Cloud Security Fundamentals for Canadian Governments program? Check-out our course page (CLICK HERE)!
This course caters to a wide audience of employees from all Government departments that use or are considering any cloud system, ranging from SaaS business applications through to IaaS. Some roles include the following:
- IT Auditors (internal and external)
- IT Risk Management
- Security Directors
- Security Managers
- IT Staff looking to advance their careers
- Staff involved with procurement of cloud services
Upon completion of this course, students will:
- Understand Canadian Government publications on Cloud Security and Risk Management.
- Work with the various compliance standards used by Cloud Service Providers such as ISO 27017, SOC2, FedRAMP, etc.
- Use various Cloud Security Alliance tools to assess Cloud Service Providers and secure usage of cloud services.
- Establish a Cloud Governance function to secure and manage risk of the Cyber Supply Chain within a department.
- Applying ITSG-33 to assess and secure cloud services.
- Learn about new technologies and how they impact security in a cloud environment.
The instructor that will be working with you in this course is Graham Thompson, Intrinsec’s principal cloud security trainer. Graham has over 20 years of IT experience and has successfully competed a variety of cloud security projects for the following organizations:
- A Global Financial Institution with over $4T in assets under management
- A Global Retailer listed on Nasdaq with over 7000 stores
- Telecommunication company traded on NYSE
- Global Consultancy Firm
- Leading K-12 education company
- Global Conglomerate traded on NYSE
- AgTech (note from Graham: way cooler than you’d think!)
- Financial Institution traded on NYSE
- Telecommunication company traded on Nasdaq
In addition to the above, Graham has delivered cloud security training to employees representing over 100 leading firms with fantastic feedback and many internal recommendations from clients.
Prior to migrating his career to the cloud, Graham served as a senior security architect for several Federal Government departments and other enterprise-sized clients.
Graham holds his CISSP, CCSK, CCSP (co-authored) and an embarrassingly long list of designation letters that may or not be retired by now.
TL;DR: When it comes to cloud security Graham knows his stuff.
No public dates are currently scheduled. Request Group Training!