(ISC)2 SSCP | Systems Security Certified Practitioner
SSCP Training Information
The Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) credential and training seminar is ideal for those who require proven technical skills and practical security knowledge in hands-on operational IT roles. More specifically, SSCP will teach you to implement, monitor and administer IT infrastructure in accordance with information security policies and procedures that ensure data confidentiality, integrity and availability.
Led by an (ISC)2 authorized instructor, the training and included course material for this official training seminar provides students with a comprehensive review of the information security knowledge and skills needed to be successful in IT operational roles. Additionally, this course will also help students successfully prepare for the SSCP exam as it covers all seven domains in the CCSP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK).
Aside from a reserved seat in an upcoming SSCP training seminar, the resources provided to students include (ISC)2’s official courseware and Study tools which consist of the SSCP practice tests, flashcards and student handbook. When you combine the official (ISC)2 instructor-led training with the course material, this SSCP training seminar is a great resource for those interested in passing the SSCP exam or reviewing/refreshing their information security knowledge.
Your Registration Includes
- 5 Days of SSCP Training from an Authorized (ISC)2 Instructor
- Official (ISC)2 SSCP Training Courseware
- Official (ISC)2 SSCP Student Guide
- 60 Days of OnDemand Access to the Recordings of your SSCP Session (Video & Audio)
- NOTE: for Live Online training events only.
*An SSCP certification exam voucher is available for an additional fee ($250 USD)
What You Will Learn
This (ISC)2 authorized SSCP training seminar is based on the seven SSCP domains of the (ISC)2 Common Body of Knowledge (CBK), ensuring students successfully prepare for the SSCP exam and enhance their overall competencies in cyber security.
- Domain 1: Access Controls
- Domain 2: Security Operations and Administration
- Domain 3: Risk Identification, Monitoring, and Analysis
- Domain 4: Incident Response and Recovery
- Domain 5: Cryptography
- Domain 6: Networks and Communications Security
- Domain 7: Systems and Application Security
Domain 1: Access Controls
- Implement and Maintain Authentication Methods
- Support Internetwork Trust Architectures
- Participate in the Identity Management Lifecycle
- Implement Access Controls
Domain 2: Security Operations and Administration
- Comply With Codes of Ethics
- Understand Security Concepts
- Document, Implement, and Maintain Function Security Controls
- Participate in Asset Management
- Implement Security Controls and Assess Compliance
- Participate in Change Management
- Participate in Security Awareness and Training
- Participate in Physical Security Operations
Domain 3: Risk Identification, Monitoring, and Analysis
- Understand the Risk Management Process
- Perform Security Assessment Activities
- Operate and Maintain Monitoring Systems
- Analyze Monitoring Results
Domain 4: Incident Response and Recovery
- Support Incident Lifecycle
- Understand and Support Forensic Investigations
- Understand and Support Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and Disaster Recover Plan (DRP) Activities
Domain 5: Cryptography
- Understand Fundamental Concepts of Cyptography
- Understand Reasons and Requirements for Cryptography
- Understand and Support Secure Protocols
- Understand Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) Systems
Domain 6: Networks and Communications Security
- Understand and Apply Fundamental Concepts of Networking
- Understand Network Attacks and Countermeasures
- Manage Network Access Controls
- Manage Network Security
- Operate and Configure Network-Based Security Devices
- Operate and Configure Wireless Technologies
Domain 7: Systems and Application Security
- Identify and Analyze Malicious Code and Activity
- Implement and Operate Endpoint Device Security
- Operate and Configure Cloud Security
- Operate and Secure Virtual Environments
The intended audience for the SSCP training program is professionals who are involved in cybersecurity. Typically speaking, SSCP is ideal for those working in roles such as, but not limited to:
- Network Security Engineer
- Systems/Network Administrator
- Security Analyst
- Systems Engineer
- Security Consultant/Specialist
- Security Administrator
- Systems/Network Analyst
- Database Administrator
Frequently Asked SSCP Questions
What do I need to get my SSCP certification?
To qualify for your SSCP certification you will need a minimum of one year of cumulative paid work experience in one or more of the seven domains covered in the SSCP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK).
What if I don’t yet have that experience?
Not to worry! If you don’t yet have that work experience, as you may become an Associate of (ISC)2 by passing the SSCP exam. From there, you can work towards accumulating work experience to get your full fledged SSCP certification!
What counts towards paid work experience?
Paid work experience can come from full-time, part-time or even internships (internships can be paid or unpaid). Each of these categories are defined as:
- Full-Time Experience: A minimum of 35 hours/week, this experience is accursed monthly, meaning 4 weeks of 35 hours or more equals one month of experience.
- Part-Time Experience: Between 20 and 34 hours/week, with the hours logged converting to full-time experience as such:
- 1040 hours of part-time = 6 months of full-time experience
- 2080 hours of part-time = 12 months of full-time experience
- Internships: Internship experience can be paid or unpaid to qualify. Documentation on company/organization letterhead confirming your position is required.
Is there anything else I need to get my SSCP certification?
The last step to getting SSCP certified is to get endorsed by others, this simply ensures that your claimed professional experience is true and that you are in good standing in the cybersecurity industry.
Have more questions? Read our Frequently Asked Questions page or simply send your questions to us directly via our Contact Us page or our Live Chat and we will be more than happy to assist with any and all questions!
|Jul 12 - 16, 2021||8:00am - 5:00pm EST||Live Online||No||USD $1,625.00|