For the IT professional interested in becoming a Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), the CISM Online Review Course is a self-paced learning environment that will provide you with online access to all of the tools you’ll need to pass the CISM exam issued by ISACA.
Avoid booking time off at work and study on your own schedule; take advantage of ISACA’s proven self-paced CISM Online Review Course resources to successfully prepare for the exam, whenever you have the time for it.
CISM On-Demand Training Information
The CISM Online Review Course is an online preparation course that will prepare you for the CISM certification exam using proven instructional design techniques and interactive activities. The course covers all four of the CISM domains. The course incorporates video, interactive eLearning modules, downloadable, interactive workbooks, downloadable job aids, case study activities, and pre- and post-course assessments.
You will be able to navigate the course at your own pace, following a recommended structure, or target preferred job practice areas. You may also start and stop the course based on your study schedule, picking up exactly where you left off the next time they access.
Your Registration Includes
This self-paced CISM Online Review Course was developed by our partner ISACA. This ensures all of the included resources are of the highest quality, providing all of the benefits typically found in an official ISACA program – but on an online platform where you can learn at your own pace. The following resources are included with the CISM Online Review Course:
- CISM Self-Assessment
- Video Content
- Interactive Content
- Downloadable Workbooks and Job Aids
- Case Study Activities
- Practice Exam
This CISM Online Review Course covers the following domains and learning objectives:
- CISM Self-Assessment
- 50 Questions
- Results broken down per domain
- Domain 1: Information Security Governance
- Explain the need for and the desired outcomes of an effective information security strategy
- Create an information security strategy aligned with organizational goals and objectives
- Gain stakeholder support using business cases
- Identify key roles and responsibilities needed to execute an action plan
- Establish metrics to measure and monitor the performance of security governance
- Domain 2: Information Risk Management
- Explain the importance of risk management as a tool to meet business needs and develop a security management program to support these needs
- Identify, rank, and respond to a risk in a way that is appropriate as defined by organizational directives
- Assess the appropriateness and effectiveness of information security controls
- Report information security risk effectively
- Domain 3: Information Security Program Development and Management
- Align information security program requirements with those of other business functions
- Manage the information security program resources
- Design and implement information security controls
- Incorporate information security requirements into contracts, agreements and third-party management processes
- Domain 4: Information Security Incident Management
- Understand the concepts and practices of Incident Management
- Identify the components of an Incident Response Plan and evaluate its effectiveness
- Understand the key concepts of Business Continuity Planning, or BCP and Disaster Recovery Planning, or DRP
- Be familiar with techniques commonly used to test incident response capabilities
- CISM Practice Exam
- 75 Questions
The Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) program, whether that’s on-demand or instructor-led training, will significantly benefit the following people:
- Professionals preparing to become CISM certified
- CISA or CISSP-certified individuals looking to move into information security management
- General security management professionals looking to move into information security
- Information security managers
- Mid-level career change
CISM: Certified Information Security Manager
This instructor-led CISM training program is a review of international security practices; managing, designing, overseeing and assessing an enterprise’s information security.
Cloud Audit and Compliance (On-Demand)
This course reviews how to gain visibility on the cloud services being used inside your firm along with the practices you can implement to effectively assess both cloud services and providers.
CSX Training Platform (for Enterprises)
The Cybersecurity Nexus? (CSX) Training Platform is ISACA?s very own on-demand, performance-based cyber security training environment for enterprises.