Official (ISC)² Self-Paced Training for the CISSP | ISSEP
The Official (ISC)² Self-Paced Training for the CISSP | ISSEP is an interactive online, comprehensive review of information systems security concepts and industry best practices, covering the five domains of the CISSP | ISSEP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK).Register Now
The CISSP|ISSEP Concentration is specific to information systems security engineering. (ISC)² developed the concentration in partnership with the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA).
Students will learn the technical knowledge required of information systems security engineers operating within the federal government such as ISSEP processes and the critical government regulations affecting how security engineering is performed and why. ISSEP is a key component in the selection process for management-level information security positions.
This course is designed for the CISSP who specializes in the practical application of systems engineering principles and processes to develop secure systems.
This is an interactive online self-paced course offering the learner the flexibility to work through the content and activities at their own pace over a 180-day period. Estimated time to complete the course is 40 hours.
Content will be taught using a series of lecture-based videos, audio presentations, interactive exercises, readings, and assessments. In addition to viewing audio and video lectures, learners will be asked to work through and complete activities:
180 Days Access to Official (ISC)2 course content
- Approximately 14 hours of multimedia learning resources (videos, narrated power points, scenarios, etc.)
- 15 Applied Scenarios demonstrating real-world application of concepts taught in the course
- End of Chapter Quizzes and Answers
- Online Interactive Flash Cards
- Post-Course Assessment Questions
- Instructor Email Support
- 24x7x365 Chat Technical Support
- ISSEP Study Group
- Official (ISC)2 Certificate of Completion
- Course Completion Badge
- Education Guarantee (see below for details)
The Intrinsec Added Advantage
- Pearson VUE Exam Support
- (ISC)² Preferred Partner CPE Submission Program
Pearson VUE ISSEP Certification Exam Voucher can be added at registration checkout. The exam voucher cost is $599 for 1 attempt and is valid for one year from purchase.
**Education Guarantee: If you do not pass the ISSEP exam on your first attempt after taking our training course, you can take this self-paced training course again at no cost to you (within one year from the end of the training seminar). The Education Guarantee covers the cost of the second self-paced training course. You will have to pay the full price for your second attempt at the exam.
This interactive online self-Paced course provides a deep understanding of the broad spectrum of topics included in the CBK and addresses new threats, technologies, regulations, standards, and practices.
This self-paced training covers the following five domains of the CISSP-ISSEP CBK:
- Domain 1 | Systems Security Engineering Foundations
- Domain 2 | Risk Management
- Domain 3 | Security Planning and Design
- Domain 4 | Systems Implementation, Verification, and Validation
- Domain 5 | Secure Operations, Change Management, and Disposal
How this Course Works
This is an interactive online self-paced course offering the learner the flexibility to work through the content and activities at their own pace over a 180-day period. The estimated time to complete the course is 40 hours.
Content will be taught using a series of lecture-based videos, audio presentations, interactive exercises, readings, and assessments. In addition to viewing audio and video lectures, learners will be asked to work through and complete activities.
All materials are included in the course.
Access to course content
Course content is offered in English.
Self-Paced – Online go-at-your-own-pace training with interactive study materials, no instructor, and available 24/7
(ISC)² Authorized instructors are available via email to help learners with content-related questions as they work through the course. Learners will receive responses to inquiries within 48 hours. Additional details are provided in the course.
Requirements for Completion
In order to complete the course, receive a certificate of completion, and earn (ISC)2 continuing professional education (CPE) credits learners must:
- Complete all learning activities within the course.
- Complete a course evaluation.
- Score 70% or higher on the end-of-chapter quizzes and final assessment.
We want our candidates to successfully pass their certification exam and achieve their goal of earning an (ISC)² credential. Included with this course is the (ISC)² Education Guarantee. If you do not pass the exam after completing our training seminar, you can take a second self-paced training seminar at no cost to you (within one year from the end of the initial seminar). The Education Guarantee covers the cost of the second course only. You will have to pay the full price for your second attempt at the exam. Initial exam results letter required.
The following are system requirements needed to enhance your overall learning experience.
A stable and continuous internet connection is required. In order to record your completion of the online learning courses, please ensure you are connected to the internet at all times while taking the course.
- Processor 2 GHz +
- RAM 4 GB +
- Monitor minimum resolution (1024 x 768)
- Video Card
- Keyboard and Mouse or other assistive technology.
- Speakers/Headphones – (Noise-cancelling headset is recommended)
Supported Operating Systems
- Macintosh OS X 10.10 to present
- Windows 10 to present
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox
Adobe Readers: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
Certificate of Completion
An electronic Certificate of Completion will be provided once you have completed the course by meeting all the requirements. We recommend that you download and retain the certificate of completion as proof of credits earned.
To download a PDF version of the certificate, go to the “Awards” tab of (ISC)² Learn (top menu), select the course, and then “Generate Certificate”.
CPE credits earned for this course may be eligible for continuing professional education credits for non-(ISC)² certifications. Please visit the continuing education requirements established by the credentialing organization for eligibility.
For specific questions related to your CPE credits or the CPE portal please contact member support – at email@example.com.
If you want to purchase this course on behalf of someone else or are interested in quantity discounts, please contact us:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Phone: +1-855-732-3348
Refunds for any (ISC)² self-paced courses will not be provided.
Have more questions? Read our Frequently Asked Questions page or simply send your questions to us directly via our Contact Us page or our Live Chat and we will be more than happy to assist with any and all questions!
An ISSEP is a CISSP that analyzes organizational needs, defines security requirements, designs security architectures, develops secure designs, implements system security, and supports system security assessment and authorization for government and industry.
Prior to taking this course, the learner should have the following experience, skills, or knowledge obtained while serving in the following roles:
- Senior Systems Engineer
- Information Assurance Systems Engineer
- Information Assurance Officer
- Information Assurance Analyst
- Senior Security Analyst
At the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand and apply information system security engineering processes as the Information System Security Engineer on the systems engineering team.
- Analyze system security risk throughout the system development lifecycle within the context of system operations and organizational risk tolerance.
- Analyze, design, develop, and evaluate the security design and architecture for systems using security engineering processes and principles.
- Develop system solutions that employ security functions and provide adequate protection to system functions.
- Choose the most effective security configurations and designs to ensure system security during operations, change management, and disposal.
Register for this course